Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Cheesecake Brownies


I made cheesecake brownies for my husband's Thanksgiving party at work. I thought it would be something different from what everyone normally eats on Thanksgiving. Plus, they are super delicious.

Brownies and cheesecake together in one dessert! It doesn't get much better than that in my opinion. I know a lot of people do not like cheesecake, but I just don't get that. How could you not like cheesecake? I pair a simple plain cheesecake batter with my sinfully rich, fudgey dark chocolate brownies to make one decadently delicious dessert. If you have a recipe for each that you like, try to combine them. You don't need a recipe specifically for cheesecake brownies. Just pair two recipe that you like. You could put pecans in the brownie batter, bake it in the bottom of a springform pan, and make it the crust for your turtle cheesecake. If I can pass anything along to my readers it's that you should not be afraid to experiment in the kitchen. I often hear people saying, "I don't like to bake because it is so exact and you have to measure everything." This drives me crazy. Yes, you have to measure, but you can experiment with flavor combinations and recipes all the time as you have seen in all my posts. Don't be afraid to try. You may end up with an awful mess or a masterpiece! After all, chocolate chip cookies were created by accident :)

Brownies first came on the scene during the 1893 Columbian Exposition held in Chicago. A chef at the famous Palmer House Hotel created them after Bertha Palmer requested a dessert specifically for the ladies attending the exposition. She said it should be smaller than a piece of cake and easily eaten from a boxed lunch. These first brownies included an apricot glaze and walnuts. They are still being made according to the original recipe at the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment