Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Wedding Shower



I had a last minute opportunity to make a wedding shower cake for last weekend. Of course I said yes! She basically wanted a miniature square wedding cake. I was happy with the results, but more importantly, my client was happy too :)


We needed a cake to serve 40 people, but we wanted it to be stacked like a wedding cake. I decided to do an 8 inch, 6 inch, and 4 inch cake. Each tier was 3 layers each, so it would easily feed 40 people. We did the biggest tier in chocolate and the other two in white almond, all of which were iced with French buttercream. I covered the cakes with fondant, but did the decorations with the buttercream and edible sugar pearls. When I arrived at the venue, we added some fresh flowers to it. I think the tiny wedding cake was simply adorable!

Don't have different size pans, but want to create a stacked cake? I did not use an 8 inch, 6 inch, and 4 inch pan for my cake. I simply baked half sheets and cut them into the sizes I needed. That saves a lot of money, time, and space in your kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment