Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Monkey Cake

My newest cake creation was for a little boy's 5th birthday.  He was having a monkey themed birthday party and loves the color yellow.


I love it when I get to make a cake for a little kid's birthday party that they love.  I love it when their mom or dad opens the box and says, "Oh, he/she is going to love it!"  It is a great feeling.  For this cake, we did a combination of white almond cake and chocolate cake with my French buttercream.  He was having a monkey theme for his party, so I did a monkey face in fondant in the middle of the cake that resembled his invitations.  Yellow is his favorite color, so I did the rest of the decorating in yellow.  I hear the party was a big success, and the cake was a big hit!


Do you have something that you would like to read about on Pastry Mama?  Send an email to antonia@pastrymama, and I will try to answer any questions or give any information that I can.  I would love to read your questions, comments, and any input that you may have.

No comments:

Post a Comment