Friday, April 22, 2011

Chocolate Chocolate Cake


I had an order for chocolate cake with chocolate icing. This is one of my most popular cakes. It is very rich, but oh so delicious! I had complete freedom in decorating. My husband had to climb a fire escape with the cake and my 3 1/2 year old to deliver it too!

I love chocolate cake and so does my husband. My chocolate cake is super moist. Being the pastry snob that I am, I often find other chocolate cakes to be dry. I have been making this cake for many, many years now. It is a favorite among my customers and family :) I prefer French buttercream with my chocolate cake, or with any cake for that matter, but my husband LOVES all things chocolate, including chocolate buttercream. I generally do not prefer icings made with powdered sugar. They are often far too sweet and take away from the cake, in my opinion. It is a very decadent cake, but this chocolate buttercream does pair very nicely with my standard chocolate cake.

Do you have a recipe for icing with powdered sugar that you find too sweet? Well, here is a tip for you. The more you mix it, the less sweet it tastes. The longer you mix icing, the more air you are incorporating into it. This makes the icing taste lighter and less sweet. I often end up mixing icings with powdered sugar upwards of 10 minutes sometimes.

1 comment:

  1. It's true. I will stop at nothing to get you your cake.

    ReplyDelete