Friday, April 29, 2011

Easter Cake



I got a last minute order for an Easter cake last week. She wanted yellow cake with chocolate icing and fun Easter decorations that a 3 year old would like. Since I have a 3 year old, I knew exactly what to do, and I think it was super cute. I know my 3 year old daughter loved it!

I decided to decorate the cake with a big Easter bunny, some grass, and jelly beans. What kid doesn't love jelly beans, right? I made an outline of an Easter bunny's face on the cake, and did the rest freehand. I planned to do grass around the border with a tip with several holes to make lots of blades of grass at one time. I could not find that tip anywhere. I ended up just using a tip with one hole so it took me 3 times longer than it should have, but it turned out just fine. I know my daughter wanted to keep the cake, so I know any 3 year old would have loved it!


Jelly beans first known appearance was during the American Civil War when a man from Boston named William Schrafft promoted sending them to the soldier fighting in the Union Army. It was not until around 1930 that jelly beans became a popular Easter candy most likely due to their resemblance to Easter eggs.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I would have loved to serve it at my Easter Table.

    ReplyDelete